Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"Always be my baby" after 12 years!

I heard this song being played while setting up for Angeline's wedding and it just stuck in my head. I thought it was a new song. Then I realised that the version I heard was sang by David Cook of American Idol fame. Then I further realised that the original version was published in 1996 by Mariah Carey!!! 

What a difference! Both of them are nice, chart-topping hits! But what an evolution! 

So here it is, David Cook's version, sang "during the April 15, 2008 episode, in which Carey mentored the contestants on her songs. His version received high praise from all three judges, and even Carey herself. Cook's version charted and peaked on the Billboard Hot 100 at number 67."


And here, the legend. The original. Mariah Carey. ""Always Be My Baby" was solicited to radio on March 26, 1996 in North America, and it became Carey's eleventh number-one single on the U.S. Hot 100...the most-played single in the U.S. in 1996 and appeared at number-one on the year-end Hot 100 Airplay chart" Shout out...


No comments: