Thursday, June 24, 2004

Hi there! I got a good report and I gotta share it with you guys!
I got a friend in my church group, who received Christ into his life and joined us no more than say, 4 months. As the date of baptism (our Church conducts baptism services 4 times a year) was nearing, he felt challenged to go for it! But it ain't easy as signing up, that's one tier. The next tier, because we're under the age of 21, we gotta ask for our parental consent, cause it's a big decision for God, and a legally recognised act of faith! But the thing is, he told me his parents are very strict and fierce, non-Christian, and doesn't talk about religion besides their own. This proves to be a major barrier for him and in his heart to ask them. We encouraged him to ask and we said by faith, believeing that this week, he will indeed be baptist. We said that by pure faith, and so this was what happened...

I promised I would pray for him. Pray that doors would open, his parents heart will turn from a heart that doesn't allow him, to one which would; that if he is set on folowing God's commandment, what could stop him?' We stood on that promise and prayed. Monday, he meesaged me over the phone, unsuccessful, parents avoiding the issue. He got a little discouraged. I thought of calling him to encourage, but I felt God tell me, "Don't say anything, just pray, let him grow to trust Me." So that's what I did, no respose to my friend, just pray. Tuesday, said he had problems, parents not happy about it, keep changing conversational topics. Hope seemed fleeting. But we serve a good God that's more concern about our character than comforts!

I don't know this part of the story, he just told me over the phone. He said that he was very down, and hope had left him. But he told God, "If its not my time to get baptise, its ok, not what I want, but your plan," and he accepted the fact, and planned to live life as normal; to wait for the next baptism service in 3 months. But right after that, today, he said his mother went into his room and asked for his baptism form. Of course he was shocked and asked for what? And his mom said; 'To sign it.', and she said in Chinese, "You're taking one step closer to this, from now, you got to follow this Jesus wholeheartedly."

WOW! Can you imagine, a chinese educated, non-Christian mom, who was so hard against her son becoming a Christian just a few days ago, saying this?!!!! I was shocked! I mean, this was exactly what we hope and pray would happen, but everytime God comes true for us, I'm still struck with awe! From this, he has grown closer, more dependent on God! Its amazing how we see such occurance nad miracles in our daily lifes, that brings us closer to God. ITs because of these happening, that I would never, ever doubt that we serve a powerful, living God today. Amen.


'The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; A good understanding have all those who do His commandments. His praise endures forever.' - Psalm 111:10

3 comments:

tzR said...

handsome, i'm very encouraged by this account. all praise be to God, and hope your friend continues to grow in the faith =)

talk to you soon yeah?
cheerios

Anonymous said...

me! me! me!
thats me howard, robert here.
anyway, thanks alot alot brother for all that you have done to encourage me and prayed for me.
love u all!
cheers

Robert

beks said...

hey, rebekah here. happened to drop by and must say that this post is a very encouraging one. God is doing great things =) continue to serve the Lord fervently =)