Sunday, June 20, 2004

It is Father's day today! Honestly, I didn't know what to do; I mean, you can't exactly ask the man out for a swanky dinner nor a nice walk right? (You could for a lady, but my dad..well...)
Mom had a business dinner and Sis is still at Australia mugging for her exams, so its up to me! ( I was literally thinking, 'Lets forget about this Father's day thang, consumerism!') So while I was alone at Kinokuniya at Ngee Ann, I deliberated with myself and cracked my brain for a nice way to make it special for dad this year...
At the end, I bought KFC meals, brought it back home, placed newspaper on the floor, poured the drinks into nice cups, turned the radio on to his favourite 90.5 FM station, and we ate on the floor.
Not too bad, he enjoyed himself, very relaxed as compared to going out!
I'm happy, at least it was special and different, and i'm grateful...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's very nice of you... It is through these little things that mean much more.

Georgin@ said...

Great Job done!