Friday, November 14, 2008

Rounded the bandits up and banished them...for now!

This week has been a super hectic week...3 essays, 15 books for research, and tons of citations down; I'm drained but joyful...overjoyed in fact!!! I'm done with readings and essays for a while...until they come back.
  
Perhaps Newton's first Law of motion stands true in humans lives,  that "A body continues to maintain its state of rest or of uniform motion unless acted upon by an external
unbalanced force." This is the law of inertia. Starting on the essay, and formulating
a flow of argument was always the hardest part. I would pace up and down the house, flip through the books countless times, lie on the bed for 5 min's (which sometimes becomes 5
hours), have countless restless nights with mental burden and internal debates on what would be the best angle to tackle the question. But once I start writing the first sentence, everything would seem to fall into place. Its starting that's always the toughest...

I would like to thank Joseph for the last essay. Being a physics essay, he offered to bring me into his physics lab, to be with physicists, with all the physics apparatus, with my physics books to
finish the physics essay! 

My work station for the day. 

 Howard: SO this is the time I turn into The Hulk and start running through the lab walls? 
Joseph: Yeah...woo...the computer is blinking green...

Howard: Whoo...the heatsink is turning green...How much does it cost? *Looks suspiciously* 
Joseph: $170...the most expensive heatsink...and its a quad-core processor...
Howard: Aw....beautiful...green thing...
Joseph: *Smiles* Um........................................................................ah!!!

Joseph's school bag that's actually a Travelling bag!

And Joseph showed me...Firstly, a vacuum that could simulate space-like conditions!
 -79 Degrees! Now I wanna fridge like this for Christmas! "Take out the roast!"..."I can't my hand is stuck to the wall?!"

Super-duper microscope machine thingy! 

Howard: "Whoa!"

Notice the sign above...We study the superhumans...Heroes such as you. 

Coming soon to NUS...

Parting words? 

Um.....................................ah!


No comments: