Friday, November 28, 2008

Scams Part 1 - More to come!

Central Bank of Nigeria

 to me
show details 20 Nov (7 days ago)
Reply
Attention:

I am Prof Charles Soludo.Governor  Central Bank of Nigeria; my office
monitorsand controls the affairs of all other banks and financial
institutions in Nigeria. I am the final signatory to any transfer or
remittance of huge funds moving within banks both on the local and
international levels. I have before me list of funds, which could not be
transferred to some nominated accounts as these accounts have been identified
either as ghost accounts, unclaimed deposits and over-invoiced sum etc.

I will add your name among the people expecting their funds to be
transferredinto their account, on this note; I wish to have a deal with you as
regards to this funds. As it is my duty to recommend the transfer of these
surplus funds to the Federal Government Treasury and Reserve Accounts as
unclaimed deposits,I have the opportunity to write you based on the intructions
Ireceived two days ago from the Senate Committee on Contract Payments Foreign
Debts to submit the List of payment reports expenditures and audited reportsof
revenues. Among several others, I have decided to remit this contract sum
following my idea that we have a deal agreement and I am going to do this
legally.

MY CONDITIONS ARE:

1.The sum of USD$5.1 Million.only will paid into an account  I will
provide you after you have confirmed the $10.2 million total amount
transferred into your account by telegraphic Transfer (T/T), confirmable in 3
working days.

2.This deal must be kept secret forever, and all correspondence will be
strictly by email / telephone, for security purposes.

3.There should be no third parties as most problem associated with your
fundrelease are caused by your agents or representative.

If you agree with my conditions, l advise you on what to do immediately and the
transfer will commence without delay as I will proceed to fix your name onthe
Payment schedule instantly to meet the three days mandate.I hope you don't
reject this offer and have your funds transferred.I anticipate hearing from you.



Best Regards
Prof Charles Soludo
Governor, Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This e-mail is presented in its original form and has not been altered or edited in anyway.
Unbelievable. I looked at it and laughed. Here's the thing, if you, in your most logical mind, would like to con people of their money, wouldn't you formulate a plan and lure people to be attracted at the very least? I have seen really good scam-jobs in my life-time, as a civilian and as a Police-man; but the above is a joke. USD$5.1 Million for $10.2 Million. Hello? Anybody home? 
1) Is this email compelling with a story-plot and furnished with enough details?: No.
2) Is there a slight hint of credibilty?: Are you kidding? 
3) Who has USD$5.1 million liquid cash in this day and age? Even so, it's probably held in assets, property or in some cash fund now. 
4) Even if I do have such an amount of money, where do I transfer it to?: Write back to him and become pen-pals?
Dear Prof Charles Soludo, I am amazed that the Nigerian Government would be so willing to inject such a random economic stimulus package to nice random folks like me to boost the world economy. What a fair ideal, to seek to trinkle with your funds and trickle it into my fairer hands. Perhaps we could purchase a PAR product or pursue a free-hold and live happily ever after? 
Unbelievable.
Qns: Who are the fastest runners in the world?  Ans: Con-man
"There are 2 constants in the world; Change and stupidity." - Drawoh 

No comments: