Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Liberation...soon...

One more paper on Thursday, then its ho-hum-wee-to-the-li-li-liberated! 

"International Politics of Southeast Asia", fascinating subject. Because the region is constantly changing and there's nothing that can sum up or fully describe the history and balance-of-power this region survives and strives on. Ever changing. Ever confrontational. Ever avoiding. The nexus and dynamics, when every country screams for economic liberation, while terrorist are lurking in our back-yards. ASEAN believes it can be more intrusive, yet maintaining non-interference in member states. Only in this region can you find such a dynamic, contradicting, conflicting, confusing yet geo-strategically promising region filled with farmers, economic giants, terrorist, fundamentalist, the willing, the crazy, the power-mongers and the fiercest mafia one can ever find. 

Fascinating. 

Went to see my professor for consultation, and it turned into a pep-talk on how I can do better, how my marks should be reflective and indicative of how I perform in class. He drew examples of his honours students and I thought, "I'm not sure if I can or would do honours year." He was hard on me, and walking out of his office, it made me think. All the time in his class he had only been nice to me, and here he is, challenging me, showing a different side of himself to me in private. The no-nonsense, man to man harsh encouragement. 

I cannot let him down. I gotta try my best to score well in this exams.

Been thinking a lot these few days, taking long walks, pondering...There's really so much we can do in life, and also so much we don't know. The differential can be either fear or faith. Profit or lost. An economic chart on profit or lost looks the same on first glance, the space in between the arcs are the same, whether declared profit or lost. The only different is, which point demarks profit and lost. 

God's grace is amazing. He allows us to declare whether that space in our lives are profit or lost to us. Faith or fear, we decide. That space could be the crippling factor, or the reason for trying new things. God allows us to move the axis, rename points and regardless how big the space in between our two arcs, God draws His unitary demand and supply within it and we're always progressive. 

Everything in life is a variable, only God and our lives are the only constant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're pretty wise for you age LOL (i'm 99 - NOT!). I agree, faith or fear, we decide. There are some things though, gifts that God has given us, where we need to work with (develop) - that points us too in the direction we should go...visit my blog sometimes, cheers, jeannette