Sunday, December 07, 2008

Night out with "Nelly" the Bicycle

Was feeling a little under-the-weather and needed some time alone. Needed to do something different. Something I love yet have not done for a long time. Relive some old passion to insert some happiness into my life. 

Memories of an old friend I haven't talked to for a long time flooded my head. An old passion I put aside for years because I was "too busy," and "didn't have time for." Decided to go to mom's place to pick up Nelly the bicycle. Yes, I name everything that is dear to me, brings another level of closeness doesn't it? 

I have a deep passion for cycling. It's one of those rare sports that I can do for hours, long distance, and my heart will race everytime I see a bicycle traveling along the road. No road tax, no ERP, no insurance, just pure leg power, man and machine having a great time. 

Took Nelly out for a night trip while praying. Great combination.
 
Meet Nelly the bicycle. A Cannondale SuperV1000 FR. Sexy. 

Started off at 12.40 am from Geylang Lor 34

Going along Nicoll Highway

Reached City Hall at 12.50 am

Orchard Road at 1.05 am. Look! Christmasy lights!

Blasting Christmas Songs and Charols even at past 1 am through these speakers. Bizzare. 

1.15 am. Head of Tanglin Road. Turn-about point. 

Sitting at Tangs. Cornetto Chocolate McFlurry taste best at 1.30 in the morning. 

Nelly posing at the Singapore Art Museum

At one of my fav Mee Goreng place. (Although the standard has dropped dramatically.)


Nelly happy to be home. 

No comments: