Sunday, January 04, 2009

I want...

I have a brown belt in two different martial arts......but does it mean I join in every fight?

I have a mouth......but do I criticize everything I do not like?

I am a highly opinionated person......but does it mean I have to express it all the time?

I only say truth......but must the truth be said all the time without regarding tact?

I am who I am......but must I judge people for who they are?

I make mistakes......but do I allow people to make their mistakes?

I expect grace......but am I gracious to people?

I want to have fun......but am I making people's lives more fun to be?

I want to celebrate......but do I celebrate the people around me?

I want to be loved......but do I allow people to love me?

I want to love......but do I love enough?

I want to be who I am called to be......I am called to be the one that wants to be. 

I want...


"God, help me to have self control. I understand that what I need may not come in the package that I want. Give me the faith to see that which You have in store. And even if I don't see or understrand, I pray for the strength to trust You, with all of my heart, with all of my mind, and with all of my strength. Amen."

  

No comments: