Saturday, January 31, 2009

.yadrutas doog a evah s'teL

Lets start this post right-side back. 

I'm now sitting in the living room of my auntie's (mama's younger sister, grandma's youngest daughter) beautiful single storey home, waiting for second aunt (grandma's 2nd daughter, 4th child), with mama sitting next to me watching Taiwanese Variety show; first aunt (grandma's 1st daughter, 3rd child) standing, with mama's younger brother, my 3rd uncle (grandma's 3rd son, 6th child) on a foldable chair....phew...that took some thinking! 

Only got to know about this gathering from mama early in the morning, and initially I didn't wanna come, but I'm grateful i did. Haven't had such a gathering in 2 years, and I haven't seen 3rd uncle in almost 4 years. (Why? Long story, ask me personally if you really wanna know...) My family is kinda small and the past 2 years, I had spent my Chinese New Year overseas. Decided that from next year onwards, this shouldn't be a reason, no more travelling overseas over CNY. I reckon, one, two years not seeing extended family, they would probably forget me!
Hopefully today compensates  for my absence during the first and second day of the lunar new year. We're gonna have a scrupulous home-cook meal together later at 7. Haven't had a home cook meal with this many people in years... I feel void of family life at times, always on the run outside most of the time. Will build up a strong family culture next time for my own!

Haven't met Dad's side of the family yet. We do meet up here and there though for kid's birthday. Tried organising a get together last year for the younger generation, but it's tough coordinating and wonder how's the reception. Hopefully we will meet somehow in the next week or two. 

This morning I had my first Scout meeting with the new Sec 1 boys. All 24 of them. They all looked excited and that's the most important thing. Simply means they were eager to learn. Young boys being young boys, they were roundy and noisy, all over the place. Disciplined them, fixed them up to stand at attention and listen to verbal commands. I was impressed how quickly they learnt! In one hour, they could stand at a collective attention. Malleable and young. I love it. Ask them to run, they really run for dear life! Young mouldable lives, beautiful sight. After that we played Chariot-race and dodge-ball. It's a brand new beginning for the Scout troop, and these new sec 1s are the future.  


Wooo! 2nd uncle and auntie with 2nd aunt is here! 2nd uncle brought old pictures of them when they were young and some of me! Sniff sniff...dinner is ready! 


Family is the basic unit of society...

No comments: