Monday, September 08, 2008

Lets have the weekend in one post!

Saturday was Mama day. Woke up early, spend the morning helping her to do her order chits (in Mandarin! Always have a headache doing it because my Mandarin ain't good. Mother does Funeral Services, if you didn't know...) After, went to her room to talk and she felt like going to Parkway Parade. Met Auntie there with her boyfriend and spent the longest time shopping (test my long-suffering...) While walking, mama suddenly said, "Eh, wanna go Ikea or not?" I almost flipped! Cause my legs hurt, didn't felt like being out so long, but then out of nowhere I replied, "Ok loh, I follow you," and auntie nodded. Realised Mama can be quite random, wanting Ikea suddenly. Walked till 9 plus then went home. Pray and sleep.

Sunday was great! Pastor Tan preached such a good message! He's my favourite teacher. Really spoke to me to have greater faith not only in God, but in myself. After svc spoke to my CG. Wanna be real, totally myself, open and honest to them. Anointing flows through relationships. Build it. Have great visions and dreams for everyone of my members. Longing to see them rise up and serve God at a higher level and capacity! (If you're my member: "I believe in you!") After which met the people from various CGs to give make-up CG at Angeline's place. Preached about "How to "possess" your future". It is really encouraging when after the CG, the people come and talk to you about the sermon, how God spoke to them and SMS you questions. Humbled and glad that the Word of God and make-up Cg ministered to the people. After went to VivoCity to return Angeline house key (Thanks for allowing me to use your house sister!) but she was watching a movie! Spend time alone at Pageone bookshop. Loved it! Then met the NUS people plus Debra for Starbucks and dinner and came home. 

2 days alone at home, God been speaking to me about relationships and friendships. Angeline said this as a joke but it stuck to my heart (in paraphrase); At the end of the day, it is relationships that stays and is most important. Whatever we do, whatever happens, we should strife to keep the friendships we have committed to and value, strong. People don't understand what we go through inside, and we cannot expect them to know. So don't expect friends to be understanding all the time! People are imperfect, and most of all, people are their own person! People do what they need to do, we do what we need to do; but it is people that tries to understand, help and try to make what they do cross what we do that are Friends!  

To young people like myself: Sometimes our parents need to be our friends. They are older and more set in their ways. We are younger and more flexible to change. Part of honoring is suiting our parents needs and way of doing things. My dad doesn't know how to sweet talk and many times the things he says sounds like he is wanting to fight. Younger I get into a lot of arguments over his tone! (how silly!) He doesn't give presents and rarely initiates things. Last few years I pray for God to put filters in my ears, to hear his good intentions and not his harsh tone. I make it a point to go out or at least spend time with him and not to argue. Our relationship has got much much better. My mom is another story, but that is for another blog post... They need us as much as we need them. 

At this point I would like to thank 2 very special group of people; 

Firstly the NUS people

  Thanks for rallying behind the vision! When I received the vision, I had a lot of doubts in my heart. Not in the vision but in myself. In 2 weeks we became such close friends! Only God could have done that. Your hard work everyday gives me faith to press on, to believe for greater things and truly, for the largest revival ever experienced in NUS! Your friendship and presence and joy gives me faith and makes NUS a brighter, better place to study in! 

Next, my beloved CG E435! 

I'm still a relatively new cell group leader and have lots to learn. Thanks for rallying behind me, and serving God together with me. Thanks for the Awesome Teacher's Day gifts! I was really surprised! You guys were so organised in signing the book! It really encourages me and spurs me on to serve you guys even better! So blessed to be your leader! 

Finally; if you can, could you pray for me in these aspects?; 

1) I feel a great burden these days for the members and NUS-NTU people. Yes, we have successes and the people are all united and excited. The devil cannot attack the vision, but it can attack people. People has been sharing with me their struggles and spiritual attacks. Can we pray that our people are protected and minds to be set on Christ no matter what? 

2) Lately I have been feeling this tightness across my chest. Maybe its stress or lack of rest. Breathless at times also. Going to be discipline over my exercise regime, need more stamina and capacity...not soon; now.


Friends are friends forever, when the Lord is the Lord of them... 

  

No comments: