Monday, September 01, 2008

Wishing you special people...


I'm eternally grateful to all my teachers! Where would I be if not for you. Everything I do, I say, I think, I'm reminded of someone that taught me to do so, or not to do so.

Teacher's are there not just for the good things we do, but they correct when we make mistakes. A teacher is therefore special because whether we are good children, or naughty children, they are always there encouraging, believing that we can be better people.

Thanks to Pst Kong, who made a 15 year old boy have faith to go to ACS(i) to preach his first sermon; Pst Yock Kiang who inspired me at a young age to love people when I see him moving in and out of KFC talking to members; To Veron, who inspired and empowered me to be a CGL from my first Cell Group meeting; Ms Lee Lili, thanks for bringing me to Jesus; to Ms Lim, who gave me confidence when you asked the worse student in the class to run errands for you; to Mrs Sim, thanks for inviting me to my first church camp; thanks to Mdm Jac Yew, who told me I needed to be a man; thanks to Ms Hazlinda, who believed I could stand infront of crowds to debate and write great essays; thanks to Ms Ernie, the first person who believed I could do public speaking; thanks to Mr Norman Chua, for giving me tough love, I know it wasn't easy; thanks to Ms Tay Mui Keng, who pushed a C6 science student over the edge to an A2; thanks to Mr. Ragan, you taught and made history in my life; thanks to Albert Toh, who first taught me about business; thanks to Nicholas Goh, who taught me how to do business; and thanks to my Cell Group E435, who taught me how to love.

Lastly I wanna mention my teachers whom I don't know your names or remember your faces; the auntie who sells newspaper everyday, the road sweeper that dresses up and smiles, the Aljunied MRT staff that showed me what it means to save lifes....and many many more. Thank you very much!

I am who I am because of all of you.

"And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also." - 2 Tim 2:2

Thanks for believing in me...

No comments: