Friday, September 26, 2008

My Favourite Singer - Jewel Kilcher

Some people had asked, who's my favorite singer. I kinda grew up listening to Jewel. 1996, while in Primary 6, I picked up her first album, "Pieces of you" at Tower Records at Scotts Rd. 13 years, 6 albums, 1 poetry book, 1 live concert and a DVD later, she still gives me a smile and calming effect every time I hear her music. Her style and depth of lyrics have changed greatly in maturity. (contrast the "everyday" live pub feel of "Pieces of you", with the studio chic of "0304" with the ranch warmth and deep inferences of "Goodbye Alice in Wonderland". *Psst*...Plus she's such a babe!)

In every season of my life, her music speaks to me, as if its the soundtrack to my life. Her new album is out in the US, "Perfectly Clear", but haven't seen it in stores here.

So check her out! Read her lyrics. Embrace her mood and heart in her music.

Presenting in my opinion, the best, Alaskan Folk trained Singer in today's pop/country scene, seen best in Live performances, my personal favourite...

Jewel.

No comments: